Many Aspirants are searching about Company Secretary Course Details. Company Secretary is one of most famous profession all over the India. And the CS course also carries with it a high level of job satisfaction. So, if you want to study CS Executive, first of all you must know full details about Company Secretary Course. Here we are mentioning The CS Executive Course full details for the students.
This post will help you by providing the complete details of Company Secretary Course like CS course eligibility Criteria, duration, CS course syllabus and the course structure etc.
Company Secretary Course Details
Company Secretary is one of the most reputed professional course which is available in India. This professional course is regulated by the Institute of Company Secretary which is also known as ICSI.
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India is the National level CS Institute which is established by Act of Parliament to regulate and develop the Profession of Company Secretaries throughout the India.
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India has regional offices at Chennai, Mumbai and Calcutta and headquarter at New Delhi.
CS Course Structure
The Company Secretary consists three levels of courses. Students those who want to join in CS course need to complete the three stages of the course.
- CS Foundation Programme
- CS Executive Programme
- CS Professional Programme
The student who want to join the course after completion of the graduation has to undergo two stages of the Company Secretaries they are CS Executive and CS Professional course.
The candidate can pursue the CS Executive program after completion of foundation course.
And the student has to go fifteen months of practical training which may opt after qualifying in the Executive program.
After successful completion of the student can pursue the CS professional course.
CS Course Fee Structure
- CS Foundation Programme – Rs.3600/-
- CS Executive Programme – Rs.7000/- for Commerce Graduates
- CS Executive Programme – Rs.7750/- for Non-Commerce Graduates
- CS Professional Programme Rs.7500/-
Company Secretary Course Duration
The duration of the Company Secretary Foundation Course is eight months and the candidate needs to be completed this course within three years of registration.
The duration of the Company Secretary Executive Course is t months and the candidate needs to be completed this course within five years of registration.
The duration of the Company Secretary Professional Course is eight months and the candidate needs to be completed this course within five years of registration.
CS Course Eligibility
The basic eligibility for this exam is that one should complete 10+2 exams. Provisional registration is also allowed for students of 10+2 awaiting their results.
Students who have a Master’s degree in any discipline other than Fine Arts are exempt Students who have cleared CA-CPT or have cleared CMA Foundation Exams or students can apply for CS Foundation Exam.
Company Secretary Registration Details
Admission for company secretary course: CS Foundation registration is open for an entire year. If you want to attend company secretary entrance exam in December then you should register in March. If you want to attend company secretary entrance exam in June then register before or in September.
CS Course Syllabus
Company Secretary Foundation Course Syllabus:
- Business Environment and Entrepreneurship
- Business Management, ethics and Communication
- Business Economics
- Fundamentals of Accounting and Auditing
Company Secretary Executive Course Syllabus:
- General and Commercial laws
- Company Accounts, Cost and Management Accounting
- Tax laws
- Company Laws
- Economic and Labour Laws
- Securities Laws Compliances
Company Secretary Professional Course Syllabus:
- Company Secretarial Practice
- Drafting, Appearances and Pleadings
- Financial, Treasury and Forex Management
- Corporate restructuring and insolvency
- Strategic Management, Alliances and International Trade
- Advance Tax Laws and Practices
- Due Diligence and Corporate Compliance Management
- Governance, Business Ethics and Sustainability
Practical experience and Training Requirements:
- The students are required to undergo to some trainings those are given below.
- Seven Days Student Induction Program
- Seventy hours compulsory computer training program
- Eight days Executive Development Program (EDP)
- Twenty Five hours of Professional Development Program (PDP) during 15 months training
- Fifteen months training after passing the Executive Program or Professional Program
- Three months practical training is required to be undergone by the student if the student completes the professional program examination
- Fifteen days training in a specialized agency
- Fifteen days Management Skills Orientation Program (MSOP)- after Professional Program
The candidate need to complete of the professional course and the fifteen months training. Then candidate is joined as Associate Member of the ICSI (Institute of Company Secretaries of India). That candidate known as Associate Company Secretary (ACS).
Institute of Company Secretary of India
- ICSI Agra
- ICSI Ahmedabad
- ICSI Ajmer
- ICSI Allahabad
- ICSI Alwar
- ICSI Amritsar
- ICSI Aurangabad
- ICSI Bangalore
- ICSI Bareilly
- ICSI Bhilwara
- ICSI Bhopal
- ICSI Bhubaneswar
- ICSI Calicut
- ICSI Chandigarh
- ICSI Coimbatore
- ICSI Dehradun
- ICSI Dombivli
- ICSI Faridabad
- ICSI Ghaziabad
- ICSI Goa
Company Secretary Jobs Details
- Can work as in-house legal experts or compliance officers in the office.
- Can work as an expert in corporate laws and corporate governance.
- Can work as a chief advisor to the board of directors.
- Can work as a corporate planner and more roles.
Company Secretary Salary
Placement cells at Institute’s Headquarters, its Regional and Chapter offices are helping to the members to get suitable placements. Merit students can get a salary ranging between Rs 3 lakhs to Rs 5 lakhs per annum. In large companies, salaries may range up to one crore also. But depends on the capabilities of the candidate and sector.
Thats all..!! This is all about Company Secretary Course Details. If You Have Any Doubt Then, You Can Ask Me Via Comment.