Are you searching for IELTS Listening practice test details like about Listening test, test format, IELTS Listening test tips, downloading the Listening test materials for the best preparation etc, then you can read this article for those details.
About IELTS Exam
IELTS stands for International English Language Testing System. This exam is developed by some of the leading experts of English language. IELTS exam estimates all of your English skills such as reading, writing, listening and speaking. It is designed to show how you will use English at study, at work, and at play in your new life abroad. This test is accepted more than 10,000 organizations across the world including schools, universities, employers, immigration authorities and professional bodies. The IELTS is the most effective way of testing your English conversation skills.
IELTS General Training Listening Practice Test
The IELTS General Training Listening Practice Test is 30 minutes long. This Listening test consists of three four separate recordings. The IELTS Listening test is the same for both General Training and Academic.
IELTS Listening test sections:
The first section is a conversation between two people set in an everyday context. For example a conversation in an accommodation agency.
This second section is a monologue set or a speech in an everyday social context. For example speech about local families.
The Sections 3 is a conversation between four people set in an educational or training context. For example a university tutor and student discussing an assignment.
The last section is a monologue on an academic subject. For example a university lecture.
Listening Test Tips/Tricks
Some tips/tricks are providing for you for the preparation of both IELTS General Training and Academic Listening Test.
- You will hear each recording of the listening test only once.
- First listen the questions and write the answers on the question paper.
- At the end, you will have ten minutes time to transfer the answers to the answer sheets.
- You can write your answers in lower case or upper case.
- Follow the instructions carefully.
- Listen the information what you want.
- Try to understand what the speaker will say.
- Pay attention on your spelling and grammar.
- Read, write and listen at the same time.
- Focus on word limit.
- Answer all the questions, because there is no negative marking.
- Lastly check your answers.
IELTS Listening Practice Test Sample Papers
If you want to prepare offline, then you can download the Listening practice test sample papers.
On this page, you have access to download free IELTS material to help you with your study.
Some of the material is from the site, but there are also some extra learning materials that are not on the site.
To access the free IELTS download, simply click on the link and a PDF will be downloaded.
Free Download: IELTS Study Material