Graduate Record Exam or GRE Test which is conducted by Educational Testing Service (ETS) is a standardized test which is used to get admissions into various graduate courses in various graduate colleges in English speaking countries, especially the United States. Aspirants who are interested in pursuing a master’s degree course with different specializations viz. MS, MBA or doctoral degree can sit for the GRE Test. GRE Test is categorized into two viz. General Test and Subjects Test. General Test include verbal reasoning, analytical writing, quantitative reasoning whereas Subjects Test include Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Psychology, Literature in English, Bio-chemistry, Cell & Molecular Biology. Many publishers sponsor preparation books for GRE Exam which guide the candidates to score more in the exam. Let’s look down for the details of GRE Prep Books.
GRE Prep Books
GRE Prep Books offer instructions to the people who are willing to complete each section of test successfully before and during the test. Most of the books are sponsored by the governing body Educational Testing Services (ETS) and many other publishers with high – quality in which they help to guide the candidates to score more in the exam. Let’s look for some of the books preferable to prepare for GRE Exam.
GRE General Test Preparation Books
List of GRE General Test Preparation Books are as follows:
Magoosh GRE Book:
It is a book of 470 pages comprising of hundreds of practice tests accompanied by comprehensive explanations and is available in Amazon as “GRE Preparation” @$10.15 – $14.25 (Rs.670 – Rs.925) and is published by Magoosh.
The Official Guide to GRE Revised General Test (3rd Edition):
It is a book of 600 pages published by ETS and is available @$13.64 (Rs.890) in Amazon and $40.00 (Rs.2600) from ETS site. The book covers different types of revised test papers of general test with and without solutions, and various instructions and guidelines for the process of preparing for GRE exams.
Barron’s 6 GRE Practice Tests:
Barron’s 6 GRE Practice Tests book comprises of various revised model papers which are used for the preparation of GRE exam consisting of verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning and analytical reasoning and guidelines for preparation of the exam and is available at $10 to $24 i.e. Rs.650/- to Rs.1600/- with amazon.
GRE Subjects Test Preparation Books
The Manhattan’s GRE Series (Books 1 – 8):
The Manhattan’s GRE Series subject test papers book include various test papers which include various test papers with & without solutions. The preparation books are available from the publisher Manhattan and in various websites under different prices. It is available at $12 to $30 (Rs.780 to Rs.1950)
New GRE Premier 2011 – 2012 Book Review:
Kaplan’s GRE Premier Book review is a valuable one for the preparation of GRE preparation and is available for both general test series and subject test series with practice tests etc. It is available from Rs.980 to Rs.2000 ($15 – $30) with 600 under amazon or Kaplan’s website or any other publishers.
Cracking with GRE, 2017 Edition:
The Princeton Review has published the book by providing information related to the preparation of various subject mock tests for the preparation of GRE tests. The book consists of 520 pages with the cost of Rs.650 to Rs.1500 i.e. $10 to $23 under amazon and other websites.
GRE Preparation Tips
The preparation tips for GRE exam are mentioned hereunder:
- Candidates who are willing to prepare for GRE Exam should get registered first. The candidate during registration should provide the correct information as it is in the ID proofs otherwise, application is not accepted.
- The candidate after registration should practice for the GRE Exam which includes two types of tests like General Test & Subject Test where general test includes verbal, analytical & quantitative reasoning and subject test includes subjects like mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, bio-chemistry etc.
- The candidate can prepare for GRE Exam by downloading or purchasing preparation books of revised test papers and practicing mock tests.
- The candidate can get their admit card details through email. So the candidates should be alert about their exam and check their emails regularly.
- Candidate should attend the exam center at the right time. If not, the candidate is not permitted to attend the exam.
- Before attending to the exam, the candidate should carry the admit card and ID proof of original. Not only that if the candidate’s details does not match with candidate’s ID proof, the candidate may be disqualified.
Recommended To You
Free Download: GRE Syllabus Pdf