In the United States, Department of State is responsibility for issuing passports lies with Passport Services within the Bureau of Consular Affairs.
Passport Issuing Authority
There are approximately 9,000 Passport Agencies throughout the U.S where you can submit an application, including United States courts, state courts, post offices, public libraries, county offices, and city offices.
The question for issuing authority comes from the fact that in some countries passports are issued by local authorities on behalf of the federal government. But it varies by countries.
- In Germany, the city or county you live in issues the passport
- In Spain, the passport is issued by the local police station
- US passports are issued at US passport offices in the US on a same-day or next-day basis. On the photo page, lower right corner, it says “issuing authority.” It used to say “Place of Issue.” Issuing authority is 99.9% likely to be United States Department of State.
- In the United Kingdom, British Passports issuing authority as “Passport Agency” or “IPS”
- In India, the place of issue is the regional passport office that issues the passport or the consulates abroad.
Are you searching How to find passport place of issue in the U.S? and Who Issues a Passport in the United States? If your answer is yes, You have reached the right destination. Here we have listed the city where the consulate or embassy that issued your passport is located. So read out our complete article and get more info related to passport place of issue.
USA Passport Place Of Issue
The City where the issuing authority is located. For foreign nationals whose passports were issued in the United States, list the city where the consulate or embassy that issued your passport is located. Here is a small list of the passport place of issue offices and their respective two-digit codes:
- Washington, D.C – 01
- Chicago – 02
- Los Angeles – 03
- Miami – 04
- San Francisco – 05
- Seattle – 07
- New Orleans – 08, 40
- Philadelphia – 09
- Boston – 10
- New York – 11
- Honolulu – 12
- Houston – 13
- Connecticut – 14
- National passport center – 15, 20, 21, 22
- Colorado – 17
- Charleston passport center – 30, 31
So, these were the places where you can get your passports and its issuing authority details, If you want to know of some other one please do comment, also feel free to ask any questions regarding them. Don’t for getting to share this information to with your friends. If you like our article, please book mark our site or share this page on any social sites like Google+, Twitter, Facebook, etc.