Are you searching for IELTS writing practice test 2019 details like about Writing test, test format, IELTS writing test tips, downloading the writing test materials for the best preparation etc, then you can read this article for those details.
IELTS General Training Writing Practice Test
The IELTS General Training Writing Practice Test is 60 minutes long. And this writing test has two writing tasks of one fifty words and two fifty words. General Training Writing test consists of two parts. They are writing task 1 and writing task 2.
Writing Task 1:
- The writing task 1 is twenty minutes duration task. You have to write it in a personal and formal style.
- And you have to write at least 150 words in this task.
Writing Task 2:
- The remaining 40 minutes of the test you should spend on writing task 2. In this part you can give reasons for your answers and including examples from your own knowledge or experience.
- You have to write at least 250 words in this writing task.
IELTS Academic Writing Practice Test
The IELTS Academic Writing Test is also 60 minutes long. This Academic writing test is consists of two parts task 1 and task 2. Both tasks should be written in a formal style. Candidates have to write at least one fifty words in task 1 and two fifty words in task 2.
- In this task the different types of questions will be asked like describe some visual information such as graph, table, chart or diagram form, describe the questions and explain the data, describe the stages of a process, how something works or describe an object or event .You can describe those questions in your own words.
- You need to write 150 words in 20 minutes duration.
- Candidates have to present with a point of view, argument or problem in this writing task 2.
- And you need to write 250 words in 40 minutes duration.
Writing Test Tips/Tricks
Some tips/tricks are providing for you for the preparation of both IELTS General Training and Academic Writing Test.
- Write your answers in pen or pencil and you may write the matter entirely in capital letters as per your wish.
- First analyze each task perfectly and you have to spend some time making notes.
- Underline the major words in the tasks to focus on them mainly.
- Then plan your answers.
- You can use paragraphs clearly and put one idea in each paragraph.
- Keep to the topic, don’t write about unrelated subjects.
- Don’t copy the whole sentences from the questions.
- Manage your time, spend approximately 20 minutes on task 1 and 40 minutes on task 2.
- You will lose marks if you don’t write minimum 150 words in task 1 and minimum 250 words in task 2.
- You must write the answers fully and write in note form.
- Bullet points will lose marks in the test.
- Avoid informal language.
- Spend some time re-reading and correcting your answers.
IELTS Writing Practice Test Sample Papers
If you want to prepare offline, then you can download the writing practice test sample papers.
On this page, you have access to download free IELTS material to help you with your study.
Some of the material is from the site, but there are also some extra learning materials that are not on the site.
To access the free IELTS download, simply click on the link and a PDF will be downloaded.
Free Download: IELTS Study Material